vermillion horizon

Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring, where are you?

Well, the temperature here in Chicago has finally broken 40 F (just barely), but with the brisk winding blowing off the lake and the persistently cloudy sky, it couldn't feel less like spring. So much for the arrival of April!

But today I noticed that Starbucks is trying to get its customers in the spirit of spring with the relaunch of the green tea (or as I like to call it, 抹茶 - there are some Japanese words that I absolutely prefer to English) frappuccino and green tea latte. Whereas in Japan, these beverages are available year-round, they are only available seasonally in the US - much like the pumpkin spice latte in the autumn, and the egg nog latte and peppermint mocha around the holidays.

I wouldn't say I necessarily associate 抹茶 with spring - but at least it's green! And besides, what else would Starbucks launch this season instead - the jelly bean latte?

Each time you finish reading a story, please click here! With just one click every day, you’ll be helping my blog ranking. Thank you!! banner_04.gif blue02.gif


3 Comments:

  • I definitely like the new blog, VH- Especially the pictures!

    So how does the green tea frappuccino taste?

    By Blogger Huckle Cat, at 9:07 PM  

  • Hi humblefiance,
    Thanks for checking out my blog. Your English is great! Your plans to live in Denver sound exciting. I've never been there, but it's on my long list of places I'd like to visit.

    Good luck!

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 10:01 PM  

  • Hi hucklecat,
    Thanks! It still has a long way to go, but I'll do what I can. I haven't tried the green tea frappuccino yet this year - I just realized it's actually a blackberry green tea flavor, not just green tea like they had last year. I'll have to try it soon!

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home