vermillion horizon

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Zen and the art of brewing tea


I think I might have turned into a tea snob. Living in Japan, I learned to love tea brewed fresh from the leaves - rather than from the tea bags I had typically used in the US. The taste of the fresh tea was natural and distinct - and clearly superior to Lipton or other bagged tea I used to drink. Now that I'm living in the US again, I have a hard time drinking tea brewed from a bag.

Although I do make one exception - Tazo Zen.

Zen is Chinese green tea flavored with a hint of lemongrass, spearmint, and lemon essence. It is just one of many varieties of tea available from Tazo, which is the tea company held within Starbucks. I have tried a few of the others, and they are not bad - but I will choose Zen every time for its light, slightly sweet flavor.

And even though it is only sold in bags, Tazo Zen can hold its own against fresh tea. It fulfills its promise of providing a soothing, invigorating tea-drinking experience.

Each time you finish reading a story, please click here! With just one click every day, you'll be helping my blog ranking. Thank you!! banner_04.gif blue02.gif

2 Comments:

  • Tazo's good! I like Awake.

    By Blogger Huckle Cat, at 10:41 PM  

  • I've never had Awake before - I will have to give it a try! It sounds like exactly what I need this week.

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home