vermillion horizon

Friday, May 19, 2006

Amazing race across Asia

I hate to admit it, but the only TV show I watch religiously is "The Apprentice." But as much as I love to travel and explore new places all over the world, I'm suprised that I haven't made time to watch another reality show, "The Amazing Race." In "The Amazing Race", participating teams follow a series of clues to remote destinations all over the world and take part in physical and cultural challenges along the way. Players might be in Turkey one day, London the next, and finish up the week back in the US. The competition is truly fast-paced, exciting, and intense.

Unfortunately, I have never had enough time to watch "The Amazing Race" regularly. But a couple of weeks ago, my mom called to tell me to turn on the TV - "The Amazing Race" was heading to Thailand! I tuned in just in time to see players board a bus for Lopburi, a small city north of Bangkok that I visited less than two years ago.

Lopburi is an interesting place, an ancient capital that is now best known for the monkeys that roam the city! The mean little animals are all over, gathering mainly around the temples located not far from the train station. By now, they have learned that posing for a few photos for eager tourists will earn them treats - and tourists without treats aren't treated too kindly.

In Lopburi, players in "The Amazing Race" were faced with the task of preparing a large traditional meal for the monkeys. The monkeys would then taste the food, while judges watched their reactions, inspected the food, and ultimately decided when players had accomplished the task.

Once the monkey task was complete, players followed the clues back to Bangkok and received their final clue of the night... they would be headed to Japan next week!

There was no way I could miss "The Amazing Race" in Japan. Tune in next time...

Each time you finish reading a story, please click here! With just one click every day, you'll be helping my blog ranking. Thank you!! banner_04.gif blue02.gif

1 Comments:

  • Hi polly,
    I didn't know CSI is airing in Japan! When I was in Japan, I think the only American show I could watch was ER. But I only had about three TV channels :) I didn't have one particular Japanese show that I watched. But sometimes I would check out some variety shows. It was fun to watch the different features - especially the ones about travel and food!

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home