vermillion horizon

Friday, April 28, 2006

Sushi dreams


I don't know what it is, but everytime I eat sushi too late at night, I end up having very strange dreams. Earlier this week, we went to a reception here in Chicago and the buffet dinner featured platters upon platters of sushi. I was in heaven! Unagi, maguro, tako, ebi... I ate several pieces of my favorite types of sushi and every bite was delicious. But dinner started a bit late, so we came home not long after eating - and I was soon fast asleep.

I don't normally remember my dreams, but that night they were so clear and colorful - just like any other time I eat sushi at night! I wonder why this happens? Is there sort of natural chemical in the raw seafood which triggers something in my brain? And does this happen to other people? Or maybe it's just me.

Oh, well - at least sushi doesn't give me nightmares!

Each time you finish reading a story, please click here! With just one click every day, you’ll be helping my blog ranking. Thank you!! banner_04.gif blue02.gif

7 Comments:

  • Hi Dory,
    Sometimes it is Japan! But usually it is a place that seems like both the US and Japan - very mixed up!

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 8:52 AM  

  • Hello. That's very interesting! I've never heard any other Japanese people had such strange dreams. Neither did I.

    It is true that the recent researches say that raw fish is rich in the docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which works very well for your brain, but I guess that by itself is not a good reason. The experience of breaking a taboo of eating raw fish may cause them to you.

    By Blogger bun, at 11:34 AM  

  • Hi bun-san,
    Thanks for your good explanation! I think it's possible something like that happens to me. Although I still think it's strange that it doesn't happen to other people...

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 11:48 PM  

  • Hi Dory,
    Hmmm... maybe I should keep a sushi dream journal and publish that as a new blog! Don't you think it would be popular? (^-^)

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 11:50 PM  

  • Hmmm... as much as I love sushi, I think I would be in trouble if I ate it everyday. I would never have a peaceful night of sleep again!!

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 5:02 PM  

  • Hi! Ms.horizon,

    I hate to barge in on you like this but I'd like to introduce a movie explaining how to enjoy Sushi, which has many intentional mistakes or jokes;

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4946101556303618610&q=sushi&pl=true

    I wish you could enjoy it.

    By Blogger bun, at 12:18 AM  

  • Hi bun-san,
    Funny that you recommend this video... I've seen it before and think it's hilarious!!

    Thanks for the recommendation.

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home