vermillion horizon

Sunday, April 23, 2006

The second season


Don't believe anyone who tells you that Chicago has four seasons. I used to believe it myself, but now that I've lived in other places during different parts of the year I know that the old joke about Chicago having only two seasons (winter - and construction) is probably more accurate. Chicago's weather always seems to jump from extremely cold to extremely hot and back again, without much time for transition. One day a blizzard, the next day the beach.

But this weekend, we did have a couple of days that truly seemed like spring! And to prove it, the trees started budding - and I even saw plum blossoms, which I remember fondly from Japan (although うめ usually appear around February or March in many areas of Japan - yes, winter is long in Chicago).

The city is finally coming out of hibernation!

Each time you finish reading a story, please click here! With just one click every day, you’ll be helping my blog ranking. Thank you!! banner_04.gif blue02.gif

3 Comments:

  • Isn't it great?! I can't remember ever seeing spring in Chicago...it's usually still snowing in April.

    By Blogger Huckle Cat, at 5:11 PM  

  • Hi Dory,
    I hope it's warming up for you now! I hate winter (^-^)

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 9:25 PM  

  • Hi hc,
    No kidding! Although I wouldn't rule out the possibility of snow in May...

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home