vermillion horizon

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

From one world to another



Everytime I think about the time I spent in Japan, I still have to smile. How in the world did I go all the way from Chicago to Tokushima, Japan? Of all the places I could have ended up after graduation, I would have never imagined that I would be living in this small coastal city in Japan. Like most people, I had never even heard of Tokushima before!

But now I will never forget it.

As I ride around Chicago on buses or the “L”, I think about how I could get around Tokushima with nothing more than a bicycle. And as I walk along Chicago’s lakeshore, I recall crashing waves of Tokushima’s beaches. I also think about how Chicago’s height comes from its tall buildings – unlike in Tokushima, where a mountain called Bizan is the highest point.

Tokushima could not have been more different from Chicago! But I loved it just as much as I love Chicago – if not more.


Each time you finish reading a story, please click here! With just one click every day, you’ll be helping my blog ranking. Thank you!! banner_04.gif blue02.gif

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home