vermillion horizon

Friday, May 05, 2006

Airplane across land

When my parents came to visit me in Japan, we bought the JR Rail Pass, which allowed us to go anywhere on any JR train for five days. We could even travel on the famous Shinkansen!

I had traveled on the high speed bullet train before, but only once. And for my parents, our ride from Okayama to Hiroshima would be the first time. They were super excited, especially my dad.

And they were definitely impressed.

Riding the Shinkansen is almost like riding an airplane – only better. The seats are more comfortable, the ride is smoother, there's always something to see from the window – and the train is almost unfailingly on time!

We could get used to traveling like this.



Each time you finish reading a story, please click here! With just one click every day, you'll be helping my blog ranking. Thank you!! banner_04.gif blue02.gif

2 Comments:

  • Hi Dory,
    Interesting! Those remind me of some old trains I saw when I visited the Czech Republic a couple of years ago. They're cool to look at - but I guess they wouldn't be as fast or as comfortable as the new trains (^-^)

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 1:59 PM  

  • Hi Sanada-san,
    Thanks for telling me about that website. The photos there are great! They really capture the beauty of Japan.

    By the way, how do you like Minneapolis? I go there all the time for work. I enjoy it in the summer, but the winters are brutal! What do you think?

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home