vermillion horizon

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

cafe sweets

I admit that I'm still a Starbucks addict. At the beginning, Starbucks offered something special, a real experience beyond just the coffee. Unfortunately - and I hate to say this - Starbucks has evolved and I don't always feel like it's the treat that it once was.

And it's not just Starbucks - I often feel like that special cafe experience is hard to find around here. That's why I love going to Japan - independent cafes, bakeries, and pastry shops are all over, each offering a unique experience.

One of the best ways to learn about what's out there is with cafe sweets magazine. Each month's issue features a new collection of cafes - one month it might be those with the most amazing cake decorations, another month those offering the best traditional sweets. I can't pretend to understand all of it (reading Kanji is not my strong suit), but the pictures speak a thousand words. Carefully handcrafted lattes served on a cozy deck overlooking the ocean, cups of fine tea served at a sleek counter - whatever the setting may be, cafe sweets captures some of the best cafe experiences in Japan.



Image @ http://www.shibatashoten.jp

Each time you finish reading a story, please click here! With just one click every day, you'll be helping my blog ranking. Thank you!! banner_04.gif blue02.gif

2 Comments:

  • Hi, Ms.horizon!

    That was the only question I was going to ask you where the time went ^-^;).

    At first, I wondered why I don't know this magazine though I often go bookstores in Japan, but I got it when I visited the site showed here. This is the magazine mainly for those who have their own coffe shops or who want to have them, right?

    According to some magazine reviews, this magazine is quite well spoken of by such readers. So I was surprised again as usual at how well you can read it.

    Hope you're doing all well.

    By Blogger bun, at 6:26 PM  

  • Hi, bun-san -
    It has been awhile, huh? Yes, you're exactly right about the magazine. I think the audience is limited, but the magazine suits the audience perfectly!

    Hope you're doing well too.

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home