vermillion horizon

Monday, October 08, 2007

The songs in my head

I need music to make it through the long hours at the office - and lately I've been tuning into i-radio to get through the day.



Listening to this internet-based station is good practice for my Japanese listening skills, as the same programs are repeated several times a week. Each time, I understand more and more - although the repetition means that songs often get stuck in my head too. There are two that have been running through my mind for over a week - RAIN / THAT / SOMETHING from セカイイチ and Crazy for You from Chara. Funny thing is that I'm not a big fan of pop music when it's in English - but there's definitely something catchy about J-pop!




Each time you finish reading a story, please click here! With just one click every day, you'll be helping my blog ranking. Thank you!! banner_04.gif blue02.gif

6 Comments:

  • Hi Ms.

    I'm sorry I'm not a big fan of J-pop. But I love hard rock music. For example CHEAP TRICK comes from Chicago. Do you like them?
    You said listening to music is good practice. I also did millions of times, but I can't understand what they sing unless I have lyric sheets. That's why I am learnig English. I'd really appreciate it if you would help me.

    By the way, how could I call you?

    Best Regards,

    Shige

    By Blogger shigerucci, at 8:26 AM  

  • Hi Shige,
    I do listen to Cheap Trick occasionally - and their guitarist opened a good pizza restaurant and brewery called Piece here in Chicago.

    http://www.piecechicago.com

    That's a good point that having the lyrics sheets really helps. I think for me, the more I listen to the same song, the more I pick up Japanese words I'm already familiar with. I think listening helps me better understand how words fit together.

    Good luck!
    v_horizon

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 6:01 PM  

  • Hi Ms.v_horizon,

    How wonderful information it is!!
    I'll call them and order some pizza immediately!

    Thanks so much.

    Shige

    By Blogger shigerucci, at 9:26 AM  

  • Hi. I found your site when I was looking for good information of Chicago because I’m going there next week for the first time.
    I heard Blues is famous in Chicago. Right?
    I love music, so I want to go to listen to that.
    Is “Piece Brewery Pizzeria” your recommendation?
    That's sounds good because I like beer!
    By the way, I’m Japanese, and also I live in MD now.
    Well,I’m studying English, but it’s difficult for me to speak English fluently...
    It is really hard to master a foreign language.--;)

    By Blogger mac, at 11:04 PM  

  • Hi Shige,
    Enjoy ;)

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 10:44 AM  

  • Hi mac,
    Thanks for checking my blog! I hope you enjoy your trip to Chicago. You're right, blues is pretty famous here. There are a lot of good places to listen to music - some places you could try are Green Mill, Andy's, or Buddy Guy's Legends.

    http://www.greenmilljazz.com/
    http://www.andysjazzclub.com/
    http://www.buddyguys.com/

    Green Dolphin Street is also a good place, but I would recommend using a taxi to get there.

    http://www.jazzitup.com/

    And, yes, I definitely recommend Piece. The pizza is unique(though not your typical Chicago deep dish style) - and the beer has won a lot of awards.

    Have fun!

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home