vermillion horizon

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A day in the garden

I have been missing in action, and for good reason - it is summer in Chicago! The summer here is too short to stay inside. We have plenty of time to do that during the ten plus months of winter (yes, I am exaggerating - but not by much).

A few weekends back was one of our best days of the summer. We spent the afternoon at the Chicago Botanic Gardens, which is one of my favorite places in the area. The weather was a sunny, mild 75 degrees, perfect for exploring all corners of the garden, including the fruit and vegetable gardens, the English walled garden, and of course the Japanese garden.




2 Comments:

  • Nice to meet you.My name is Shige.I'm living in Tokyo Japan.
    I'm grad to find your blog because I can read stories whith beautiful pictures which tells me real America.
    Anyway I had facinated that Japanese garden is in Chicago.
    My father is a gardener. I had to helped my father in my childhood. It's very hard to keep gardens beautiful.So I remind someone who make it clean when I visit nice place.

    By Blogger shigerucci, at 12:35 PM  

  • Hi Shige,
    Thanks so much for visiting my site! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I hope to return to the garden this autumn to see how it changes as the season changes. Sounds like you understand the hard work it takes to keep the garden beautiful!

    By Blogger v_horizon, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home